Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Small Things

Small Things


The meeting went well.
Actually, there were several meetings and they all went just fine, but one in particular had me worried, and it went great! Praise God!


Most of my meetings are with customers. This worrisome meeting followed a meeting last week that hadn't gone so well. Tech talk had regressed into compaining. No one was happy. The root cause was probably just lack of communication, two sides of the conversation having different understanding of the scope and purpose.


For the follow-up yesterday, I was going to be on-point. Somehow I sensed it was an opportunity. Marilyn and I prayed for the Lord to open doors, give me words and wisdom, and soften hearts. The lead executive from the customer side drove the meeting and did really well. Lots of gotta-do-next but noone was unhappy. Praise God!


I carry the emotion of my own load and that of others. I am so incredibly blessed. There's really nothing to complain about, nothing to worry over, and certainly nothing to fear. (If God is for us, who can be against us?) Yet every day I find the feelings. There's much to do and much still waiting on one thing or another. While I'm largely content, I sometimes get stuck behind circumstances. And there are others who are really discouraged; I feel their pain.


We're supposed to live by faith and not by feelings. Just now, while praying, God reminded me of His victories, what he has done in my life. So I choose to hold onto the small things which remind me of God's hand in all of this. I will focus on fact.


God is good.


-- R; <><













No comments:

Post a Comment