Thursday, November 2, 2017

God's Perspective

God's Perspective


I woke up early. Couldn't sleep, so I got up. As I stepped out of the bedroom I saw a neighbor's car drive past outside. It was about 6:30, so this was nothing unusual.


Something happened as a result of my carelessness which affected a number of people, one friend in particular. There is also stuff at work and stuff with family. I found myself anxious about those and other things. As I stepped onto the landing, I wondered why I was up so early, then realized that things can be seen at this hour which one doesn't usually see. God reminded me that I need to see things from HIS perspective, which I don't usually see.


It struck me that the Lord is patiently nudging His children to see things from His perspective, to look at things as He does, to see others as He sees them.


-- R; <><



I Sam 16:7, John 4:35 and 36, I Cor 2:9






1 comment:

  1. Stuff happens -- mostly, when we are so wrapped up in what we want to say, and to get out thought out, that we forget the maxim from Seven Habits ...:
    Seek first, to understand [and THEN speak]

    That's easy enough to fix -- take notes on a piece of scrap paper, so a passing thought does not slip away, and keep on listening. The time to speak will come. Indeed, the other speaker may get around to addressing what you wanted to say, but in a different order than popped into your head, and the conversation will go even more smoothly

    As your post points out, Covey's book was not the first to suggest listening more carefully to His Creation around us

    ReplyDelete